Job details : Assistant Editor
- Added in 14-02-2011
- Company F+W Publications
- URL : http://www.fwmedia.com/career/Assistant%20Editor
* Assisting in the research, writing, and article and/or interview assignments for 1-2 WD Market Books.
* Co-editor of 2012 Songwriter’s Market (with the plan to be the lead editor of a market book next year/2013 after this trial/preparation with the 2012 line)
* Assisting the data entry team with additions to the Librios system for the Market Books.
* Contributing content and updates to writersmarketdigest.com.
* Researching and writing the Standout Markets column for every issue of Writer’s Digest magazine; taking on other market-related research and writing assignments for WD and special publications as needed.
* Fact checking all material—both columns and features—for every issue of WD magazine during the preliminary editing stages.
* Managing WD mail, general e-mail account, general phone extension, and other administrative duties. Compiling “Reader Mail” column for every issue of the magazine from these accounts.
* At least 1 year of experience in some kind of writing and/or publishing field (including published clips).
* Bachelor’s degree in journalism, English or a related field.
* Writing, organizational and excellent research skills a must; ideal candidates will be those who take initiative, embrace change and are comfortable contributing in a team environment.
* Some familiarity with InDesign and HTML is required; knowledge of BBEdit, FTP and jpegs are a plus; familiarity with the Microsoft Word Track Changes function is required.
* The ability to learn and work with the Librios Data Entry System.
This position will report to the Managing Editor of WD Market Books.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org Please indicate the job title Web Specialist in the subject line of your e-mail.
The continuous growth of this dynamic company creates a variety of interesting opportunities for people seeking a career in publishing. Currently, F+W has an opening for an Assistant Editor for the Writing Community.